Skip to main content

Hey Everyone!

I was hoping to network with the other members who use Web Report Designer. Maybe get some feedback and help from time to time.

If you work on the WRD or ever have any questions let’s drop a comment below to help each other out!

Hey @Raechel !!

I’ve used it a few times. (Even before it was the WRD) I have made small adjustments, but chickened out on something big and asked Aspire to help. :)

I’d like to dedicate some more time to it, b/c our invoices, etc are still pretty basic. 

Have you done anything cool with it yet?

Best,

AC

I’ve used WRD for simple changes such as moving the customer and business info around to better fit the windowed envelopes and to remove some info such as salesperson from an invoice since we pass the account along to a different individual after the sale is completed for customer service. Other than that I haven’t gotten very deep into it. I would love to change some of the invoices to have better AR reporting at the bottom rather than just the statements having it but I haven’t been brave enough to make those changes lol

Hey @Raechel !!

I’ve used it a few times. (Even before it was the WRD) I have made small adjustments, but chickened out on something big and asked Aspire to help. :)

I’d like to dedicate some more time to it, b/c our invoices, etc are still pretty basic. 

Have you done anything cool with it yet?

Best,

AC

I have to admit I do miss the old software, not having it attached to your web browser was really nice..but aside from that it was really hard to navigate!

I’ve done just about the same, I’ve made some changes to our invoices, opportunities, statements. I did create my own formula when making a new layout for opportunities and that felt like a huge achievement!!

There is a nifty page to use for layouts although we haven’t really found one that we all agree on so I’m pretty much doing the updating myself.

There is also a “Report Designer Available fields” excel (I had to contact an aspire rep. to send it to me) that is helpful in the way that it tells you what tokens are available for each layout. The only problem I really run into is trying to figure out where the information comes from in Aspire that is related to that token. It would be nice to have a a description of those fields

Thanks for the reply!

I’ve used WRD for simple changes such as moving the customer and business info around to better fit the windowed envelopes and to remove some info such as salesperson from an invoice since we pass the account along to a different individual after the sale is completed for customer service. Other than that I haven’t gotten very deep into it. I would love to change some of the invoices to have better AR reporting at the bottom rather than just the statements having it but I haven’t been brave enough to make those changes lol

I will tell you the best way to do it is copying the invoice to make a new and just playing around with it. I had mentioned that if you contact an aspire rep. and ask for the “Report Designer Available Fields” excel it will help in the way it shows you what tokens are available for each layout.

Even with the document though, its a lot of trial and error. Once you get it the way you like there isn’t a better feeling since it was a lot of blood,sweat and tears going into it! 🤣

I was tasked to learn WRD and do all of our layout changes and improvements. I can’t say I am an expert, but I have certainly done enough changes to know how to make things work. I agree it’s a lot of trial and error. I have revamped most of our layouts with new branding and have a few more to do. But it has been an experience full of education and satisfaction.

Hi @Raechel , 

I have dabbled a little on web design but like everyone else.  Done some minor adjustments.  would like to dial it in a little more.  

I will tell you the best way to do it is copying the invoice to make a new and just playing around with it. I had mentioned that if you contact an aspire rep. and ask for the “Report Designer Available Fields” excel it will help in the way it shows you what tokens are available for each layout.

Even with the document though, its a lot of trial and error. Once you get it the way you like there isn’t a better feeling since it was a lot of blood,sweat and tears going into it! 🤣

You’ve inspired me to redo our invoices today and they’re looking better already. 

Hey Raechel! I’ve been working in Web Report Designer since it became available on the admin side. I have some proficiency in HTML scripting/Java from previous endeavors, so I’ve had luck utilizing some of the more advanced tools at our disposal. Creating new formulas, locating hidden scripts, new data bindings, and basic layout changes are all things I’ve dabbled in. I really enjoy the freedom it offers to really personalize the information being portrayed to clients/employees and there is a certain satisfaction to finally getting the layout to act as intended.

I’m more than willing to offer insight or solutions to any problems 😊

Hi Rachel

I have to say I love the Web Report Designer I have navigated around all facets from invoice to statement to proposal layouts, work tickets, estimate summary sheets and purchase receipts.

Feel free to reach out if you need support, but feel what others have said above “go in and dabble” is the best way I have learned.

I hope this helps and don’t feel alone out there it is very powerful and will give you many AH HA moments if you take the time to make small changes one at a time.