Skip to main content

I'll try to explain my question, I think it will make sense. I am wanting to know or understand how other companies structure some of their estimating, and what is best practices with Aspire. Currently on maintenance items such as lawn mowing, we guesstimate the amount of time the job will take and enter that as the labor hours in Aspire. It sort of works, however it is not a plan for long term growth. And even with experience on how long it will take to mow  something, it is easy to be off on the time. Not really a plan for consistency going forward. This also does not include any drive time to the jobs then, all that time is extra on top. We do have our hourly rate sort of reflect that, but I don't think this is exactly how Aspire is meant to be used or set up. So I was wondering how does everyone else have this structured? Should we have all of that type of service strictly based off of production rates? And if so, how detailed do you go with takeoffs? Are you measuring linear ft of edging and trimming, sq ft of blowing as well as lawn sq footage? I feel like we maybe need to look at how we have been doing this. 

Be the first to reply!