Skip to main content

We joined the beta test a few month ago, then found out that it was missing the adding payment feature. Customer must call us to add the payment for them. 

We immediately switched back to customer portal 1.0.

If you are on the customer portal 2.0, would you please share your comments & feedback? Appreciate.

*customer portal 2.0.  -  Corrected spelling.

Is there a way to edit the topic subject or delete a topic?

Hi @SoboYiW - When you click on the three dots on bottom right, do you have an Edit button? 

Yes. “Edit” button, but could not edit the subject line. I tried to correct the spelling “customer”

Unfortunately there is no way to edit the subject line, but I went ahead and did it on the back end for you. 

I will be messaging you privately as well. 

Regarding payment functionality now vs. in the beta, the American Elm release brought full payment management to the new portal! Users can now add, edit, and delete payment methods directly from the portal, and enable electronic receipts.

There are also lots of new features like the customizable marketing carousel, new screens for invoices and proposals, and the ability to create and view requests 🙂

How about the optional service selection on the proposal?

Customer portal 1.0, customer can select the optional service on proposal, then sign it. It will update the total price in Aspire.

Does this feature available in portal 2.0?

Yes! Optional service selection is available in 2.0 for both contract and work order opportunities. Portal users can select and sign for which services they want, and once they do, those items are automatically moved into the “customer selected” portion of the estimate, and the total price is updated. The sales rep assigned to the opportunity will also receive a system email notifying them of the signature.

@Amy Parsons 

@BHampton 

Not having a good time with 2.0. Lots of bugs reported by customers. 

@NewGardenLandscaping 

thank you so much for your feedback on this topic. what type of bugs have you experienced, please? I would love to be aware of it.

If you already summited it to the idea portal, what it the ticket number please? I will vote on it.

Appreciate your comment.

@SoboYiW We’ve been dealing with

• Registered portal users not able to log in with their registered passwords. We were told to tell them to use the reset password option.
  • When they use the reset password option, an error message saying the reset email can not be sent will appear. But, the email is actually sent.
  • User reports clicking on an invoice to pay sends them to a blank screen. Also can’t see the user’s maintenence icon for updating payment info.
  • Users have reported being able to log in, but then are immediately kicked out back to the login screen.

Issues are not universal to all customers. My personal portal account had no issues at all, so when I tested it after the switch I wasn’t too worried. Reports started coming in over the next few days. I think from the payment activity, most users can still use the portal. I ultimately decided to not roll back to 1.0...I’m hoping that does not turn out to be a mistake.

Everything has been reported to Aspire Care. I’m told they are aware of the bugs and “it will be fixed in a future release.”

Do we need to do something to have version 2.0 be active in our system?  We’ve had the portal for years and I haven’t done anything in Application Configuration, so I was thinking it would just automatically update, but we still have the “Issues” button - it hasn’t changed to “Requests”.  So I’m wondering if we’re still on 1.0 instead?

@laceybusse 

https://guide.youraspire.com/docs/transitioning-from-the-legacy-portal

This article has a guide for the transition. On the left bookmark side, it has all the information about Legacy portal vs. portal 2.0.

I hope this help.

@NewGardenLandscaping Thank you so much for the detailed comments. I shared your comments with our client success manager.

I was informed that another new release will come next Wednesday. Hope some of the bugs get fixed.

Thank  you!