Skip to main content

New to Aspire.  How does everyone handle assigning crews to routes and is there a quick way to adjust team members on the fly.  example would be 

Route 1 

Crew lead: Tom

Crew member: Joe

Joe calls out and I have to move Paul to Toms crew but just for the day

Hi Abe,

We use Crew Mobile App. (have not switch to Aspire Mobile). If you are using Aspire mobile, my work around may not work.

Here is my work around for flexible crew members. We have a route named “manage members only - Do Not Schedule” for each manager.

1. This route is only for Time review purpose, so it can be filtered by “supervisor” on the Weekly time review. Add Paul to the “manage members only - Do Not Schedule” route as a crew member. So if anything wrong when approving time, payroll knows who is the route manager.
  2. When Paul clocks in with Tom, Paul will show on the time entry.  No need to add Paul on the real route as a crew member if he is only temporary on that route. Route manage will review Paul’s time & accept it daily.
  3. If Paul will work with another manager next week, we will add Paul to another managers “DO Not Schedule” route and make sure that Paul knows his crew leader & clock in with his crew leader.

I hope this help.

I would avoid adding the crew members to the scheduling board routes unless it will be a full time move. It can become a but chaotic when there are moving parts, as you’ll then start to pull multiple schedules if crews begin to overlap. 

The best success we have is the same as above. Have the crew leaders correct, and have them clock in their members. It is the best option to create the least amount of chaos.